Teeth Cleaning in NW Calgary for Your Dental Hygiene
Benefits of Professional Teeth Cleanings in Calgary
While it’s very important for you to brush and floss every day, you also need to visit the dentist for professional teeth cleanings about twice a year. Getting teeth cleaning in north Calgary will improve your dental hygiene and provide you with many benefits, including:
- Preventing cavities by removing plaque
- Stopping tooth loss by keeping your gums healthy
- Brightening your smile by removing stains
- Freshening your breath
- Boosting your overall health and lowering risk of disease
If you haven’t had a professional teeth cleaning in a while, you can schedule an appointment online with Panatella Dental or call us to schedule an appointment.
How It’s Done
While brushing and flossing help stop plaque buildup, once it starts it can only be removed at your dentist’s office. If you don’t like getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist or you’re concerned about the process, Panatella Dental can help. There are several steps to a professional teeth cleaning.
- X-rays allow your dentist to see deep into your teeth and determine if there are any problems that need to be addressed.
- A physical exam of your entire mouth entails a dental hygienist using a variety of tools to look for signs of gingivitis and other concerns.
- Removing plaque and tartar. This is the step that people usually dislike the most, as it involves using a scaler tool that makes scraping sounds.
- Using a high-powered electric brush, your dentist or dental hygienist will clean your teeth. This toothbrush makes a grinding noise that can be unpleasant, but it won’t cause you harm.
- While you may floss at home, your dentist is a professional who knows how to get into all of the nooks and crannies in your teeth. This expert flossing will locate trouble spots and remove any leftover plaque.
- Rinse your mouth to remove any debris from the brushing and flossing steps. The rinse used will often contain liquid fluoride which helps protect your teeth.
Contact Us for Professional Teeth Cleaning in Calgary
You should get your teeth professionally cleaned twice per year to ensure your dental hygiene is at optimum levels. If it’s been a long time since you’ve had teeth cleaning, you may need to undergo a deep cleaning session where your dentist will clean your mouth to treat gum and periodontal disease. To learn more about our teeth cleaning procedures in NW Calgary, please contact us.