At Panatella Dental, we offer BOTOX® treatment in NW Calgary. It’s a cosmetic treatment that has not only been well-studied throughout many countries, but shown again and again to provide proven results to millions of people around the world. You may consider BOTOX® treatment for a variety of reasons including general wrinkle, crow’s feet, or frown line reduction. Seeking BOTOX® treatment in NW Calgary from a dentist or other medical professional can help ensure the procedure is professionally handled to obtain optimal outcome you desire. Learn more about BOTOX® below or contact our office in NW Calgary to discuss if this treatment is right for you.
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, as well as crow's feet in adults.
- A well-studied treatment – BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and is approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries.*BOTOX® Cosmetic has a record of experience that aesthetic providers know and trust. And, the safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been evaluated in both Allergan sponsored clinical trials as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.*VISTABEL® outside of North America.
- Derived from sources that exist in nature – BOTOX® Cosmetic contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum. Formulations, potency and approved doses vary among botulinum toxin products, which means that one product cannot take the place of another. Those are a few reasons why there is no such thing as a "generic" form of BOTOX® Cosmetic. There have been no studies to support that other products are unit-to-unit equivalent to BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- A treatment experienced by millions of people – Approximately 10.9 million vials of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been sold in the United States since 2002, and millions of people have already made BOTOX® Cosmetic a part of what they do for themselves. Today, BOTOX® Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world. † †Data collected through June 2014.
How Does BOTOX® Cosmetic Work?
- BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow's feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Your provider will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow's feet and frown lines between your brows.
- Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It's not just about cellular changes that can occur over time, reduction of collagen or damage caused by free radicals in the sun and the environment. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow's feet. BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin's surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow's feet.
- For the crow's feet area, your provider will inject 3 areas of the orbicularis oculi, the muscle that frames the side of the eye. This will be repeated on the orbicularis oculi muscle on the other eye. Injecting BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause crow's feet temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
- For the frown lines area, your provider will administer 5 injections into muscles in your forehead—1 in the procerus muscle and 4 in the corrugator muscles. Injecting BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause frown lines temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
What Should I Expect with Treatment?
- Real, noticeable results – You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch – Your provider may use ice to numb the treatment area. If you are concerned about discomfort, your provider may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
- The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes – Your provider will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you.
- You'll look like yourself – only with less noticeable frown lines and crow's feet – BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
- Return to your daily routine – Treatment requires minimal downtime or recovery; it's often called a lunchtime procedure. You'll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave your provider's office.
- Cost considerations – Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the doctor or healthcare professional who is administering your treatment. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment—look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with BOTOX® Cosmetic. Be wary of discount products or "cheap" BOTOX® Cosmetic—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. It is more important to find an experienced provider who will take the time to understand your treatment goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.