How to choose a dentist for your family in Calgary
Looking for a family dentist in Calgary? Overwhelmed by the number of choices available? If so, it’s hardly surprising. There are literally hundreds of dental clinics and practitioners here in good old Cowtown. Here’s what to look for when trying to select the right one for you and your family.
All the dental services you need under one roof
The services offered at each dental clinic differ. For families on the go, it makes good sense to select a clinic that can fully cater to every family member, now and in the future. Depending on your needs, you may wish to find a clinic that has the following available:
- Invisalign dental services. If anyone in your family has a mild tooth alignment problems (or could potentially in the future), they’ll need braces or other dental work to set things right.
- Endodontic therapy. An abscessed tooth can only be saved with a root canal. Not every dentist performs this procedure.
- Cosmetic dentistry. Teeth whitening and other smile-enhancing dental procedures.
- Pediatric dentistry. Anyone with young children will benefit from this service. Panatella Dental has a Child Hygiene Program for Calgary kids to highlight the importance of proper oral hygiene from a young age.
- Preventative dentistry. Dental cleanings and checkups available early mornings, evenings and Saturdays. At Panatella Dental we also offer single appointment for multiple family members. Using Family Appointments is a fast and easy way to schedule several family members at one time.
- Denture and implant services. If you or a family member loses one or more teeth, you may be glad to have this service available at your regular dental clinic.
- Emergency dentistry. When accidents or injuries occur, it’s nice to know you’ll quickly be accommodated at your regular dental clinic.
To avoid hopping around town due to having to go to different places for different procedures, it’s well worth it to select a clinic that provides all the dental services you require.
Hours that work for you and your busy lifestyle
Work a Monday-to-Friday, nine-to-five job? If so, you may find it works best for you to find a dental clinic that’s open at least some evenings and weekends. Check each clinic’s listed hours to ensure at least some of them work well for you.
Dentistry, like other medical practices, continues to progress as advances are made in research and technology. The ability to diagnose and treat various dental issues can range greatly from clinic to clinic based on what equipment they have available.
A convenient location
If you don’t mind driving to the other end of town to visit your family dentist, then this might not matter to you. For those who don’t have extra time to spare, check to see where in Calgary the dentist is located. It’s also worthwhile to find out if there’s parking onsite or if it’s near a bus stop for family members who use public transportation. At some dental clinics you may find limited to non-existent and expensive parking spots, if available.